Sunday, December 1, 2013

Eat, Pray, Love IRL

Prompt: Eat, Pray, Love is the story of a woman who pursues the things she thinks will bring her happiness. If you could find it in yourself, that bit of bravery to leave the comforts of your everyday life behind and pursue your own happiness, where would you go and what would you pursue?
___________________________________________________________________________________


Eat: Paris, France

Anyone who knows me knows that I have basically wanted to go to Paris since the first time I watched Madeline as a kid. While I have no particular proclivity towards French entrees, French desserts are divine. I think I may actually die of happiness if I were allowed to eat my way through a patisserie(either that or diabetes). I suppose if I had to pursue something while there, it would be death by chocolate. I'm not sure how many chocolate truffles and eclairs I could go through in 4 months but if I'm sure it's a formidable figure. Also, I hear the cafe scene is hopping.

Pray: Kyoto, Japan
Anyone who knows me well knows that I have also wanted to go to Japan since I was in middle-school and saw my first dorama. From an art history student's perspective, the shrines and temples in Kyoto are stunning and it would finally give me a chance to put my Japanese speaking skills to the test. Kyoto is the old capital city so I'm sure there are also plenty of haunts that I don't even know about. I feel like it would be a great place to just stay and think awhile.




Love: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ahh the City of Sin; Amsterdam is a relatively recent addition to my bucket list of places to go but I feel like there is plenty of romance to be had here(outside of the Red Light district, thank you) and not least of all because one of my recent favorite love stories featured the city heavily. Again, this is another place that I would love to go to for academic reasons(mainly so I can go to the Van Gogh museum) but from what I've seen it looks pretty magical to me.




______________________________________
So there it is; short post today because I have a rather significant exam tomorrow morning but I felt bad that I had skipped yesterday so I will probably do two tomorrow. I might even have a "Punishment" prompt like the Vlogbrothers do when they violate certain rules of the vlogdom. Worth noting though: I wrote a similar post back when I had first started this blog and all three of these cities are on it which I suppose should be comforting in a way. I might do an updated bucket list in the future though because there definitely are some new additions!

I think one other thing to address though is how remarkable this would be if I got to do it in real life. First of all, I'm not even sure I would have the strength to leave behind my life right now because I feel like I've put so much effort into building it to be what is it, pathetic though that might sound. It would take a truly brave soul to just pick up and leave. Financial concerns aside, I hope that I do make it to these places soon they all have so much to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment