Thursday, November 28, 2013

What I am Thankful for

I am thankful for fuzzy socks because they make my day a little more delightfully fluffy. Also thank you for being ridiculously patterned and colored because as long as I wear boots no one even knows-it's my little secret, my fabulous little secret.

I am thankful for Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Peppermint White Mochas for ushering in the holiday season, my favorite time of year. I look forward to you every year.

I am thankful for tea: green tea for helping me focus and milk tea for comforting me during late nights, as well as making me feel a little bit superior over those who do not drink tea. Also I am thankful for tea so that I can have a few moments of respite in the middle of a stressful day.

I am thankful for coffee helping me get through my studies-no really. I don't think I would be able to do it without having a cup in the morning. Thank you for making me want to get up in the morning, every morning.

I am thankful for fairytales for always letting me to return to you, even after all these years. Thank you for reminding me that Love is the closest thing we have to magic, even when I now know that it's not Prince Charming that I'm waiting for but my partner in crime.

I am thankful for the opportunity to study at Wellesley College. Wellesley, you make me want to scream and tear my hair out and you have definitely made me cry on more than one occasion. But at the end of the day, I am so much a better person for having come to you. I am thankful for all the lessons I have learned inside and out of the classroom and I truly believe that they could not have been learned anywhere else. I can not wait for the day that I will come back to you as the proudest alumna there ever was.

I am thankful for the teachers who have truly touched my life. There haven't been as many as I thought there would be and it took me a while to find you but I am so glad I did. I am grateful that you took an interest in me not just as a student but as a person in general and live-r and lover of life. You found me at my most vulnerable and made me love learning again. It is a debt that I can never repay.

I am thankful for my friends, who have seen me in my darkest hours and are for some reason still here. Thank you for being strong for me when I didn't know how to do that for myself. Thank you for not giving up on me even when I wanted to give up on me. This year was barely bearable but without you, I would have just given up. I am thankful for having people by my side to push me to be my best self. I am thankful to have you at my side pushing me towards new experiences, while letting me know you will be there for me to fall back on. Thank you for pushing me to be my best self. Just...thank you.

And most of all, I am thankful for my family. Circumstances change and whether I liked it or not, we have been scattered all over the globe. Thank you for reminding me that it is not the place or time that is important; when I am with you, I am home.




1 comment:

  1. Prompt: Anaphora
    Often found in the work of Elizabethan and Romantic poets, anaphora—a Greek word meaning “the act of carrying back”—is the repetition of a word or expression at the beginning of successive lines, sentences, fragments, or verses. Write a short anaphoric essay beginning each sentence with the same word or phrase.

    ReplyDelete