Saturday, November 2, 2013

"10 Things I know to be true"

I recently saw a TedTalk where there was a poet/teacher who asked people to think about the things they know to be true as a mechanism for writing poetry about things they care about. Here is my list:


10) I have never regretted a work out. It is a pain in the butt to try and get yourself to go to the gym but how could you possibly feel bad about doing something to make yourself stronger?


9) Swimming can wash away most of the evils of everyday life. There have been many times where I haven't really been able to think about what has happened to me, only that I knew I wanted to swim and I knew I didn't want to stop. If nothing else, it will make you tired enough to collapse into bed and a new day will come that much faster.




8) Tea is good for your soul. It may even be the closest things we have to magic.

7) I say that New England is most beautiful in Fall and Winter but let's be real, it's beautiful all year round. Though if we're being honest, mid-September to early January is still my favorite time to be in the city ever.

6) Reading a good book is the fastest escape from the world you could possibly have. Whether it's a new one or an old favorite, a book will never judge you for opening its covers.

5) The perfect cup of coffee can make your day that much better. It's one of the smallest yet most important joys I know.

4) Time to yourself is important but you need never be alone if you don't want to be. This is a more recent one that I learned and I think I'ms till getting the hang of it, but it's also the most rewarding thing you can do for yourself.

3) Given the opportunity, I will always return to the seashore. It is one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful places I know.

2) It is really hard to be productive when your bed is close by. I don't know about yours but mine is fluffy and warm and pink. This is not conducive to homework in the least.

1) You can never go wrong with small acts of kindness. A smile, a text or even a meal can make huge differences in someone's life to know that someone cares. I know it has in mine.

We were instructed not to think that deeply about this list so there's my list with minimal editing and  here's the video if you would like to watch it because I highly recommend it! I should have more posts up soon, there's a lot of topics in my queue waiting to be written.

Bises,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment