Monday, January 14, 2013

That New Years thing I used to do

So I used to do these Facebook surveys because I was a super self-obsessed high schooler who thought they were introspective and cool and liked letting people know this fact. (I like to think I've gotten more subtle in my old age). But this seemed like it would be interesting so I pulled the one I did in 2007 transitioning into 2008 because that is exactly 5 years ago from now and put in my new answers as well. The original answers will be in this annoying shade of pink. So without further ado....



1 - Did you kiss anyone?
hm...if I told you, I'd have to kill you

When the occasion called for it

2 - Did you date anyone?
same as number 1

Yes...same person for awhile now...

3 - Are you going to kiss someone when the ball drops?
nope...unless my teddy bear counts

No, I was tired from flying all over the continent but I did manage to stay up so...brownie points?

4 - Did you lose any friends?
I think so...yes

Answer is the same as above

5 - Did you gain any friends?
YES!! and they are beyond awesome!!

Same case with this one

6 - Did you do something new?
sure, yea I think so

Yes; cooked for myself this summer and basically everything we did in lab was new. Also, I sailed in a regatta, went to a concert, went to Mixx froyo, and pulled an all nighter. I also went on my first out of state trip without my parents and got my first adult-ish job.

7 - Had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
same for 1+2

Surprisingly, the answer is the same for this too

8 - Did you change?
yes, very much so, as everyone thinks it fit to tell me.

I feel like that's kind of a hard question to answer about yourself but if I did, I hope it was for the better

9 - Are you happy with the year over all?
no. Actually, it sucked overall

Yeah it was pretty awesome

10 - Whats the best thing that happened to you?
I made a ton of new friends at Longy

Getting a tiara and Game of Thrones for my birthday was pretty sweet.

11 - Did you fall in or out of love?
nope, although I'd like to think I did, it wasn't really love

I don't know.

12 - Are you happy the year's almost over?
YES!!! I've been waiting for this for so long! I'm gonna burn my calendar

I'm kind of indifferent to it...I am glad the -semester- is over though!

13 - Are you going to change something about yourself next year?
we'll see...I don't really think that you can change yourself consciously, it just kinda happens

Still agree with young me

14 - Do you think 2008 will be a better year then 2007?
I really and truly hope so...if not; consider this my death note

On 2013 being better than 2012: I mean, I hope every year gets better but this past year will be hard to top.

20 - Did you go on a summer vacation?
yup

I went to NYC for a weekend, which was pretty baller.

21 - Did you lie to your parents?
um...I probably did, I just can't remember it right now

Agreed.

22 - Did you get into a fight?
a bitchy fight? sure

Probably more than I care to admit which is kind of weird because I don't think of myself as a confrontational person

23 - Did you leave the country?
nope not this time

Yes, to the fair shores of...Canada? 

24 - Did you have a good birthday?
It was ok I guess...

I was working on a lab. It was fun I suppose.

25 - Did anyone in your family get married?
she's not in my family but she's a really good friend

Yup, two cousins! 'Tis the season.

26 - Did you get any taller?
2 inches baby! whoot!

God, I wish.

27 - Did you dye your hair?
nope, but I kinda wish I did. Maybe next year (reddish brown?)

No I didn't but reddish brown is still not too bad of an idea. Maybe I'll use henna...thoughts?

26 - Who did you talk on the phone with most?
I'm a hermit and never talk on the phone...but I would have probably talked to Anna the most

D or my sister probably. 

29 - Did anyone sing to you?
maybe...you'll just have to keep wondering about that, won't you...?

D has tried to...

30 - Did you sing to anyone?
um...maybe. actually yea, probably did. Probably when we were all fooling around in Chorus

I sing to my roommate all the time, it's casual.

31 - Did anyone tell you they loved you?
yup

Yes

32 - Did you ever go to the hospital?
nope. they scare me

Yes but to work not because there was anything wrong with me. Side note: I don't find them scary anymore just a little melancholy.

33 - What did you drink and eat the most?
drink: water/green tea food: canned soup?

Drink: coffee/tea food: salad? Nah it's probably chocolate.

35 - Did you change your profile over 10 times?
psh...hell yea

If this refers to profile picture, then no but I do get bored with my cover photos pretty quickly.

36 - Did you get a tattoo?
nope

I didn't but I'm of legal age to get them now...though I hate pain so I probably won't.

37 - Did you vote?
I can't

HELL YEAH I DID.

38 - Are you going to make New Years resolution?
probably, but I never really bothered with them before, but we'll see.

Why wait until the New Year to make a change? Besides, my fitness schedules kind of go in cycles.

39 - Did you stick to your New Years resolution from last year?
prolly not cuz i dont even remember it... lol

I don't think I made any

40 - Think you'll date someone in 2008?
yea...well, we'll see.

In 2013?: It is highly likely.

41. - Where will you be when the ball drops?
at home, probably finishing up a movie with the fam fam...or else I'll crash over to the Winthrops' place if they're home

Haha I wish I could still just crash over to the Winthrops' place...it's kind of far away now so it would require a lot of premeditation to do that. Ironically enough, I did watch a movie at my house...and then promptly went to bed.

42 - Do you think you will make new friends in 2008?
i hope so, although I must say, the ones I've made this year were pretty friggin brilliant

Isn't that kind of the point of college?

43 - Are you hoping to meet someone special in 2008?
Of course I'm hoping for that, but I can't really control fate.

The jury is out on that one.

44 - How do you feel, another year has passed you by?
I kinda wish I could go back and do some things over again. I mean, it was a pretty yucky year and I didn't really feel like I was in control of my life. It's pretty hard when you had to let some things go forever, but I'm hoping to start again in 2008 and leave that all behind.


Laissez les bons temps rouler. It only gets more awesome.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some final thoughts: It's kind of weird to think about 5 years ago being 5 years ago because I literally felt like being a freshman in high school was like...yesterday. Then again I do remember when I was going through high school, college seemed elusive and unknown which was pretty fantastic: I felt like I could go anywhere I wanted. And while that kind of possibility is exhilarating to some extent, I definitely would not go back to be a high school freshman...ever. From what I remember, getting a boyfriend was my absolute priority(and somehow I thought that Facebook was the best way to pick up guys?) and even though I spent a lot of time doing my extracurriculars I don't think I actually appreciated them the way I do now. I can only imagine what 2018 has in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment