Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Inspired by the Vlogbrothers: A Curious Endeavor

I haven't written regularly in a really long time...before this semester to be precise.

I wanted to write for the longest time but I was stumped about what I would write about. Before, I kind of just wrote about the things I found interesting or things that were going on in my life. Essentially, I wrote about things that hopefully someone else would find interesting too. During this semester in particular though, I didn't think that people would really find what I'm doing all that interesting and so posts would probably go something like this:
_______________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys! Here's a cell I was working with in Bio lab today...we poisoned it for fun!
________________________________________________________________________________

For this reason, I have concentrated more on my thoughts about other things(which I use broadly) rather than to write my thoughts about myself. Those types of entries are usually reserved for one of the numerous tomes on my desk(side note: it seems like there is something a lot more honest about the [physically] written word).

I've been getting kind of restless though so I wanted to come up with some kind of compromise: where I would still be able to come up with some kind of stance on something without necessarily having to mull over what would be interesting for hours on end.

So I came up with this: I want to do a series of blog posts about things that people most liked from the Vlogbrothers Youtube Channel. Why? Because I like them...? Because I find that even though I don't know them I still care what they think about certain things. I know it's kind of weird that the mediums are different but frankly the written word is exponentially easier for me to edit than the spoken word. I'm also not going to put any limits or make any false promises about how many I'm going to do because that's gimmicky and kind of defeats the purpose of doing this in the first place. Once I run out of topics that they've covered that I find interesting, I will inevitably stop and find something else. But for right now, I'm kind of excited about this...and I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment