Monday, February 23, 2015

Trying to find a way out of the labyrinth

So begins another week.

But I don't really want it to begin. There's lots of work to be done but I don't want to do it.

We're about to enter the first round of exams so I should be running in top form but frankly all I want to do is sit somewhere quiet by myself for awhile.

I think because it's such a crunch time that this is the last time I would want to take a break and be kind to myself....so that's exactly what I'm going to do. I don't know how much it will help but it certainly can't hurt right?

It's so easy to be judgmental and critical of ourselves. It's one of those times when I thought I was at least keeping my head above water and treading in place but now it feels like I'm going backwards while everyone else is going forwards. I don't know how much of the time that's actually justified but I figure that it couldn't possibly hurt to be kind to oneself.

Granted, it feels like such a short-term fix; the things that I want, that would make me feel more secure are somewhat out of my control. But spring is only a few weeks away, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment