Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Calm before the storm

A short post for now because honestly I don't know how much I have to say about this but I feel like I should say something.

Evidently, today I'm getting more news back that could potentially alter my future path-more than the usual anyways.

I remember this day about 8 months ago really well. It was the heat of summer, I was about halfway through my summer internship and volunteering opportunities. I got the email at work but had to wait about 2 hours to commute home before I knew anything for sure.

I am not sure how I feel right now. My heart skipped a beat when I realized that today was the day and now I am slightly nauseated...but it also doesn't feel as earth shattering as it did last summer. Maybe it's because my future plans are not as contingent on how this goes. Maybe because weddings and babies and all the other human events make this seem really small by comparison. I don't know.

I guess then that I am feeling nervous but the crippling anxiety is missing. I guess because I know I will graduate, I will be in school next year-all of those things. Today is just a day and life will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment