Saturday, January 10, 2015

Going to seek a Great Perhaps

Another relatively short entry for now; hopefully after next week these can get longer, more interesting and more eloquent but for now, I will write about what I currently know. It seems like the next few months or so are a time of immense transition. And not just for me but for a lot of the people in my life-not just the graduating seniors. I think when I take stock of things in a year, things will definitely feel very different. I feel like even though everyone is finally settled in where they currently are, it's time to move upwards and onwards to new places. 
All of this is a bit confusing for me, because I understand that change is good in the long term. Change means things are still in the process of happening and getting better...but it is also slightly terrifying. Moving into new places and meeting new people might be exhilarating for some but for me, the thought of diving into something completely new without any context to anchor me is incredibly anxiety-inducing.

It is so odd to think that my time is limited and a lot of the people that are here today will be scattered around the globe in the next few months. People are getting married, moving away and...moving on. I feel like my mood oscillates between being so ready to go onto greater things myself and being terribly afraid that I am wholly unprepared for what the world has in store for me. 

The world seems to be spinning faster and faster and the moment that I stop to take stock of what is happening, the less and less time I seem to have. I think I definitely took for granted that there would be four years of my life that would more or less just build on themselves and now I must confront something new. 

Because there is no turning back, nor would I want to. Although I am not one to be easily bored, I think that while known things are safe, they are also stagnant. I think that in moving forward, there should be some balance of the fear of the unknown(because I think it is a useful instinct), hope that things could be wonderful, and comfort in the fact that if it isn't wonderful, it isn't for forever-it's just for now. I hope that 2015 is the year where we all have the courage to take that first step and make something spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment