Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Goals for each season of 2015

As I've said before, I don't really believe in resolutions made because you were bored or because you needed an excuse to change something about yourself. However, I do have a few activity goals for this year that I hope will be fairly manageable and if they come to fruition, I will absolutely share my experiences with you.

Winter: (Finally) go traying.


For those of you who are not familiar with this term, it refers to sledding down the hill on Severance Green. Traying is listed as one of the "50 things to do before You Graduate" but unfortunately I have not been on campus during any major snow storms in the past few years. I also have not been sledding since grade school and generally stay inside whenever there is inclement weather. Nonetheless, it is one of the several rites of passage so I am setting it as a Winter goal for myself, since it wouldn't be the same to come back and do this as an alumna. Although we've been having a really mild winter so far this year in Massachusetts, I'm hoping that I'll finally get one good trek in before I graduate.



Spring: Travel somewhere on my own

Of course I have traipsed around Boston solo before but the idea of going to a new place completely by yourself has a certain thrill that grabbing coffee at MIT does not. At this moment, the idea of going somewhere where I don't speak the language seems a little bit daunting but I would be more than game for a domestic trip. I feel like traveling on your own means that you have to be completely self-sufficient, if only for a short amount of time. As of right now, my best chance at doing this seems to be our March recess, if money and the Fates allow.



Summer: Waterside evening at the ICA

I've wanted to go to the Institute of Contemporary Art for a while, not least of all because it affords visitors a beautiful view of the port and Boston skyline. There is also nothing I hate more about the summer than humidity so this seems to take care of that nicely. A bottle of wine with friends on the marina sounds just fine to me, thank you.

Fall-Go to the Head of the Charles

I used to go to music school in Cambridge so I've passed through Cambridge during the regatta for the better part of a decade. However, I've never actually seen any of the races; seems like there's no time like the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment