Friday, April 18, 2014

100 Days of Happy: Days 1&2



Day 1(17 April 2014): So I actually took this picture on my way to the Science Center from Tower. I had actually wanted to take a picture of the lake but couldn't because there was a couple canoodling there so I would have felt incredibly awkward taking a picture. I wasn't sure if these were violets or not but either way they were pretty striking against the mulch and trees. It was a really beautiful crisp day outside. It was actually pretty close to my
ideal weather-sunny, clear and cool. Organic Chemistry lab was another thing entirely but it was nice to have a reminder that there are things that pretty much guaranteed to happen by the universe-a comforting thought to hold on to while everything else is so uncertain.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Day 2 (18 April 2014): I had intended to take a picture at Bazaar, a market event hosted by my organization but it must have slipped my mind while I was caught up in the event. Luckily there were plenty of other cameras being whipped out so it will be a very well documented event. Instead we have this lovely vista instead. Normally, this is not something I would bother Instagramming out of fear of boring my followers to death. But, for the project I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Now, I generally don't even train on land because I think that swimming is vastly superior to most forms of exercise for me in terms of physical exertion and mental catharsis but today because of the event, I found myself wanting to exercise....after pool hours. So, I hopped on the elliptical in Tower. I had just come from Bazaar and while I enjoy being relatively dressy on a daily basis there was something incredibly satisfying about just throwing on a t-shirt and shorts to exercise. I think I (and probably lots of other people) spend a fair amount of time trying to be relatively glamorous that the moments of not being glam are absolutely liberating. I think for me, one of the most wonderful things about exercise is that it does double duty. On the one hand, it's good for you it makes you stronger and healthier physically. For me though, it also functions as my time to check out from the world, if only temporarily. It's really a win-win situation no matter how you cut it. It also has made me rather tired so I'm probably going to stop rambling now and go to bed. But, I also just wanted to say that I had the thought that this project might evolve into me just taking pictures of random places/things around Wellesley-the things that you never see in the admissions pamphlets or (usually) on Instagram. Uncommon vistas-I'm okay with this. The better to remember the real Wellesley by.

No comments:

Post a Comment