Friday, August 16, 2013

Plant update: I see sprouts!

It's actually blowing my mind that I need to go back to school soon, excited as I am for it to be Fall again.

I hate to be making a reputation as that crazy plant lady but I am excited to tell you that after a couple weeks of waiting, my lemon seeds have finally sprouted!

I was worried that they wouldn't even grow because I'd been informed that commercial lemons that you buy from the store are often sterilized radioactively. However, these little ones seem to be alive and well so I think the hardest part is past.

I'm hoping that they'll grow enough for me to be able to take them back to Wellesley safely in a couple weeks! (Side note: I can't believe I have to go back to the nunnery in a couple weeks). Pinterest keeps telling me that they are a great natural air freshener so I'm hoping to put that to the test in the coming months.

Ferb the Rhoeo plant is still also doing well after being rehabilitated by Mama Chan because I nearly killed him during the spring semester.

I don't know why exactly but there's something deeply cathartic about planting something and watching it grow. Though, I think my parents think I've gone kind of nuts because in addition to the pot pictured above, I have about 20 seeds in another pot that I'm waiting to sprout too. Scientist that I am, I pre-treated the 'new' seeds differently to try and speed up the germination time so, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment