Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tiff has some new plants!

While I'm having such a posting spree, I thought I would let you know something about my life rather than just my thoughts: I have new plants!

Today, I finally planted four lemon seeds which I am hoping will become seedlings within the next couple weeks. Finally getting to plan the seeds is very exciting for me as they have been sitting in a paper towel in my fridge because someone on the internet told me that's what they should be doing for a while after you've taken them out of the fruit.

Anyone who actually knows me knows that I have a little bit of a brown thumb, which is a source of sadness as a biology major. If growing a plant successfully was the initiation rite for a society, I would fail miserably. My first dorm plant(a sunflower named Bob) tragically died during Spring break 2012 while my Rhoeo plant Ferb needed serious rehabilitation by Mama Chan after Spring of 2013. (Ferb is now in good condition and even has a few flowers).

However, I'm hoping that these little ones will thrive in spite of it all because apparently lemon leaves smell heavenly, according to Pinterest. Also because I have a single this year, I will inevitably get lonely so the more the merrier.

Hopefully I'll have a pleasant update in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment