Saturday, July 20, 2013

Know what song is stuck in my head right now?

The abomination that accompanies the image to the left.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who wants to vilify Miley for her choices in life, even if I don't agree with them personally. I will defend her right to be an artist as she sees fit, even if she makes repetitive music with seriously bizarre music videos that are strangely reminiscent of Lady Gaga/Rihanna's. I actually don't understand why parents in particular have their knickers in a knot because she's changed her image. She never claimed to be a role model so parents should stop expecting her to be Hannah Montana again-it's her prerogative not to be the same way it's your prerogative not to buy her music.

BUT MY GOSH IF I COULD ONLY GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS.

Seriously, I clicked on the video link by accident a couple weeks ago and for some reason my brain thinks it would HILARIOUS if it would just keep playing the chorus over and over again. It's slower than most other songs on the radio right now but that's really the only distinguishing factor. I actually could not think of a more unfortunate earworm(short repetitive segment of music that gets stuck in your brain).

And while we're at it let me just throw out something else that has also has been circulating my brainwaves:

This is actually pretty kosher by pop music standards and that fact is further emphasized by the fact that they overlay Disney melodies with tracks from the 1960's/70's/One Direction. When I first saw this, I thought "Huh, that's actually kind of charming and kind of neat that they did that."Cinderella and Jackson 5 is not the first combination I would have thought of when creating a mash up and I appreciate the fact that they featured "True to Your Heart" instead of "Reflection" like most other artists like to do. It also doesn't hurt that they are all fairly attractive. (Disregard the fact that IM5's target audience is usually like ten years younger than me).  At first I didn't mind this cohabitating with "We Can't Stop" because it was kind of pleasant by comparison but it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point(Prince Charming, I am looking at you).

Both of the above songs were completely involuntary cognitive itches-I came across them by accident but for some reason I can't let them go. These songs aren't of exceptional quality but whoever is responsible for their composition is obviously doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment