Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tiff's Wellesley Bucket List


Upon entering our fair college, all Wellesley students are given the following list of activities to achieve. This seems as good a time as any to re-evaluate the trajectory of my Wellesley experience. So without further ado....





50 Things to Do Before You Graduate

  1. Run naked across Severance Green.
    1. This has not happened yet and actually I highly doubt it will ever happen.
  2. Get 12 hours of sleep in one night.
    1. This has happened...just not during the school year. 
  3. Go stepsinging.
    1. Accomplished: First year Convocation, word. 
  4. See the campus from the top of Galen Stone Tower.
    1. Actually, I really want to do this still so yes let's keep this on the list. 
  5. Walk around Lake Waban with a friend.
    1. Done. Next?
  6. Have a party in your room for no reason and invite everyone you know.
    1. I'm actually kind of scared someone will call Po on me so this will probs not happen. Also, I live in a closet. 
  7. Skinny-dip in Lake Waban.
    1. I have gotten in Waban for sailing purposes...does that count?
  8. Read a book that isn't required and that doesn't have anything to do with your major.
    1. This happens a lot so I think we're all set. 
  9. Pull a non-academic all-nighter.
    1. Did this accomplishing number 8; next. 
  10. Go traying on Severance Green.
    1. HAS NOT HAPPENED YET AND I AM DISAPPOINTED. 
  11. Write a letter to the editor.
    1. Haven't found something I cared about enough to put in the effort to really make it great. 
  12. Attend one sporting event for each Wellesley athletic team .
    1. ...well I went to a swim meet once?
  13. Admit you don't know everything.
    1. I thought that was obvious.
  14. Have a little too much to drink at a department party and start a singalong with your favorite professor.
    1. Haven't yet but the science lipsync for some people....
  15. Eat nachos at the Hoop.
    1. Also haven't yet...maybe I will. I don't really like nachos though.
  16. Get a Little Sister.
    1. I probably will next year. Being a little sister to several people though...we're kind of needy.
  17. Eat in all the dining halls in one day.
    1. hahahahahaha this was achieved like a long time ago. 
  18. Send an e-mail to someone who is sitting in the same room.
    1. GChat is a thing but I'm sure this could be a thing too.
  19. Buy candy in El Table to eat during class.
    1. Actually haven't been in El Table...that should probably change. 
  20. Let a prospective sleep on your floor.
    1. I will once I move out of the closet.
  21. Become the ultimate fan of at least one Wellesley sports team.
    1. ...swimming? Or sailing :P
  22. Stay for Wintersession.
    1. Let's not.
  23. Be the subject of a psychology experiment.
    1. Accomplished during during my first year  Fall.
  24. Nominate a professor for the Pinanski Prize.
    1. Again, haven't had someone absolutely change my life but when I do I will definitely do this
  25. Swing next to the Chapel.*
    1. This doesn't exist anymore. I wonder what we should replace it with?
  26. Attend Senate. Say something.
    1. I feel like I'd be too scared to.
  27. Go tunneling.
    1. Also hasn't happened yet but I want it to.
  28. Try dorm or class crew on the lake.
    1. mm haven't yet but I've kayaked and sailed?
  29. Visit the observatory.
    1. I've walked past it?
  30. Become a regular at CVS.
    1. Again, accomplished a while ago. Next.
  31. Go to a Shakespeare Society production.
    1. I want to so badly!
  32. Go ice skating on Paramecium Pond.
    1. Not sure if it ever gets frozen enough.
  33. Declare your own personal Lake Day.
    1. I...actually have no idea if this will ever come true. 
  34. Go trick or treating at the president's house.
    1. Done last fall.
  35. Nap in the library.
    1. Teehee.
  36. Start a dorm war.
    1. ???
  37. Stage a protest.
    1. I really don't have anything to protest at the moment.
  38. Join an organization.
    1. Seriously? Why is this on the list? 
  39. Go to a frat party.
    1. Rather not. 
  40. Write a paper in 13-point New York.
    1. I feel like this reference went way over my head.
  41. Learn to fake a Boston accent.
    1. Um...
  42. Attend an on-campus party.
    1. Done.
  43. Voluntarily attend a lecture.
    1. Does going for sushi count?
  44. Take a day off and be a tourist in Boston.
    1. Done! (kind of)
  45. Primal scream.
    1. This is past my bedtime.
  46. Cheer at the Boston Marathon. See if you can get a runner to kiss you.
    1. Well we'll see how tomorrow goes though I don't relish getting kissed by strangers.
  47. Go to a commencement other than your own.
    1. Planning on going this year
  48. See at least one a capella concert.
    1. Hosted the Tupelos, next?
  49. Listen to WZLY.
    1. DONE.
  50. Ride in a Campus Po Car. (Lights and siren are a bonus.)
    1. DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment